WORKSHOP: Legal Boot Camp for Small Business
9:00am - 11:00am EST
Starting a small business involves making many challenging decisions. This workshop will help the small business owner identify the important issues to be addressed, provide an overview of the options, and guidance in selecting the best course of action.
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- The different forms of business entities, (C Corp, S Corp, Partnership, LLC and Sole Proprietorship), and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- How to interface with the State Corporation Commission.
- When you should consider seeking the assistance of an attorney to represent your business.
- Regulatory maintenance and compliance—how to protect yourself from liability by building a protocol castle.
- Managing the details—little things that can make a business hum or drive it to ruin.
The Presenter: The workshop will be taught by Jeremy Johnson, a Williamsburg resident and partner in the firm Johnson, Gasink & Baxter LLP, a Virginia law firm focusing on the legal issues of the family and small business.
Cost: $24.00 in Advance (Leave check at the Chamber's front desk by Weds, March 5)
$29.00 Cash or Check at the Door